Moshe Feldenkrais was a Ukrainian-born scientist who discovered and developed a system of movement re-education which can have profound effects on
- pain relief
- stress reduction
- athletic performance
- movement efficiency
- and all-around well-being
I currently teach Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® lessons both one-on-one and in groups.
I verbally coach you through these pain-free, easy “movement puzzles” can be anywhere from a few minutes at the end of a training session to an hour or more in length.
I am certified to conduct one-on-one Feldenkrais Functional Integration® lessons, in which the practitioner works hands-on with a client, typically on a specialized table.
Although there are superficial similarities with massage, the intention is very different:
- The client is completely clothed
- There is minimal squeezing or compressing of muscles or joints
- The practitioner’s goal is to affect and improve the functioning of client’s nervous system as a whole, rather than work on individual parts
- The result: localized pain and tension are often sharply reduced.
At the end of a session, most clients feel lighter, taller, more aligned and ‘in their skin.’
Both Awareness Through Movement® and Functional Integration® have similar goals:
- maximize your ease and efficiency of movement
- reduce pain and effort
- and make you feel fantastic.